Sunday, October 23, 2005

You wanna do the mandance?

So little to say and so much time in which to say it.

Wait a minute...

Strike that, reverse it.

I got really excited about the advanced movie today. Got some pics from the gooney golf course (that is its actual name) and it gave me goosebumps. Well not actually, but I can see the movie now whereas before I was just writing about vague recollections of a really shitty golf course and the people who inhabit it. Now, the course is a character, and this course is the kind of course that for example if you were to say somebody has an unattractive face you would say their face has character like steve buscemi or wilem defoe (bless their nasty mugs). This course has got so much character, its hard to contain it all in one script. The rotting standees, the filthy putting green, the bathroom signs that read out of order instead of men/women. I don't think I even need an art director for this thing, this course is fucking perfect the way it is. It's trash of the highest calibre, and better yet its Delaware/Pennsylvania trash but we're going to swing more to the delaware side on this one. And that's what I want this movie to be about: all the dissappointment, bitterness, and anger that come from living in this state. I am not, however, trying to make the case that delaware is number one shit hole in the country, I know there are at least a baker's dozen worst places on the eastern seaboard alone. But I'm not from any of those places, and Delaware I feel, has its own kind of frustration associated with it that is unique to any other state, I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm working on it. And again it's a comedy (supposed to be one anyway) and things are exaggerated for comedic effect, its anger but funny anger. The kind of anger where you just thrash about for a few seconds and then immediately run out of gas and forget why you were so pissed. The kind of anger that displays itself at the most inopportune times, and above all things, it's about how sometimes you half to travel half way across the world...to find yourself. No wait, that was the amanda bynes movie, nevermind. But believe me, the script is nowhere near done, I need to do plenty o' drafts before I can start ripping into that beehive. I probably can't make it entirely about delaware, I'll probably have to broaden it to make it more accessible and maybe none of the points I want to make about delaware are valid. What do you guys think? Remember, it has to be funny above all things. FUNNY.

Saw Stay this aftenoon, kinda dissappointed by it. The script was written by David Benioff who wrote 25th hour and troy and a book of short stories that is fucking brilliant. This script however was so traditional and standard and it bummed me out more so than if it had been written by a hack because I know how powerful this guy's voice is and how captivating he can be. All in all it wasn't a terrible flick, it had an excess of ambition in what it wanted to do, something I can't really hold against it. But for me there was no investment, no emotional impact, it was all surface and camera trickery and in the words of D.A. "weird camera angles." At the end of the film when the final twist was revealed, I found myself wishing they had sculpted a better story out of a really neat concept (no spoilers here, this is the anti fan boy blogspot). Anyway, I thought afterwards that Benioff could have knocked this shit out of the park as a short story, if anyone wants to know the twist by the way, just sign on and IM ME. But oh well, i got a really funny movie friday night and a lame one today, what can you do.

That's it for now, i should go to bed because like manuel, I have a train to catch in 7 odd hours. Good night to you all.

"We don't want your forgiveness. We won't make excuses. We're not gonna blame you, even if you are an accessory... But we will not except your natural order. We didn't come for absolution, we didn't ask to be redeemed. But isn't how it is, every goddamn time... Your prayers are always answered, in the order they're received... "

p.s. if anyone can tell me what this here quote is from, I'll make sure you are in pizza face paradise.

4 comments:

Nathaniel said...

The Way of the Motherfucking Gun! Boo ya

Nathaniel said...

Gabe wants you to put up more pics. The fat man answers again today...


TEARS STREAM DOWN YOUR FACE, I PROMISE YOU I WILL LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.

KounterKlockwise said...

Fantasy Basketball! Sign up!

Nathaniel said...

So...uh...is this thing on?