Sunday, October 02, 2005

The days are just packed...

I read a review of the complete calvin and hobbes collection that is about to be released.

I found this from a calvin and hobbes website, it's a poem from Scientific Progress Goes Boink!

It's not even worth the attempt to put into words the genius of those books. I just wish Watterson would give up his whole anti marketing and licensing stance (although that's probably what I most admire him for) and let me make the movie. Think about it, it could totally be a Robert Rodriguez/Frank Miller/Sin City collaboration. I would just take the dialogue word for word from the text and slap it up on screen. I wish I knew more about animation though, because doing this live action would just be stoopid. But assuming I am an animation wizard, he would be a co-director of course and I would absolutely not tamper with his vision and turn calvin and hobbes into some kind of racing stripes talking animal movie kids movie. It would be an important kids movie, but oh well, maybe someday. The books are still here, and they are just one of those things that will never go away for me, it's funny because they always make me nostalgic for when I read them the first time. Some of the images and words, I can pin point a pretty close approximation as to when and where I read them. Then I read them again, now, and I'm not nostalgic anymore, because I'm right back to those moments. I guess that's how nostalgia works though isn't it? Oh well, I'll take whatever I can get. And these books give a lot, because the more you know, the more you grow...

On window panes, the icy frost
Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,
But in our house the christmas tree
Is decorated festively
With tiny dots of colored light
That cozy up this winter night.
Christmas songs, familiar, slow,
Play softly on the radio.
Pops and isses from the fire
Whistle with the bells and choir.
My tiger is now fast asleep
On his back and dreaming deep.
When te fire makes him hot,
He turns to warm whatever's not.
Propped against him on the rug,
I give my friend a gentle hug.
Tomorrow's what I'm waiting for,
But I can wait a little more.

No comments: