Friday, October 21, 2005

nobody broke your heart. you broke your own cause you can't finish what you start.

I wish I had remembered this in time, but the website www.sweetadeline.net posted that this october 21st marks the second anniversary of elliott smith's death. It's a few hours late, but i just wanted to acknowledge it, it still bums me out.

I have nothing really to add, no profound statements to accurately sum up smiths music or the effect blah blah blah...

I'll let my main man Mr. E do that for me...

R.I.P. ELLIOTT:
EELS are very saddened to hear of their friend and neighbor Elliott Smith's death. E and Elliott had talked about doing something musical together but, sadly, never did. E: "Elliott was very encouraging to me about my songs and that meant a lot to me. He was a really sweet guy that wasn't equipped to deal with some of the cards that life dealt him. I'll always remember walking off stage one night after playing "It's A Motherfucker" and Elliott walking up behind me in the dark and patting me on the back. That's how I will remember him."

No comments: