Monday, August 01, 2005

Oh no, not this shit again...

I hope I'm not boring anyone. But I was listening to this song today and I had to put it up on the blog, I hope I haven't used this one already.

Blinking lights on the airplane wings
Up above the trees
Blinking down a morse code signal
Especially for me
Ain't no rainbow in the sky
In the middle of the night
But the signal's coming through
One day i will be alright again
Blinking lights on the highway cars
Stopping one by one
Get a look at the accident
Didn't see that one coming
And the doctor in the sky
Gonna bring his chopper down
Gonna bring me out alive
And set me on the ground
Once more again
Blinking lights on the airplane wings
Up above the trees

This song, simple and understated is really hard to shake. Personally, I think Blinking Lights and Other Revelations by Eels is a modern rock masterpiece, one of those albums I hope to tell future generations where I was when I first listened to it, but that's a pretty corny dream, I go too far I guess. If anybody is interested in it, I'll gladly burn it for them, and don't listen to anything you hear about this album being too depressing or downbeat. I think this shit makes me happy to be alive.
E is the mad fat beat killer supreme with the coolest rhymes in the galaxy. Bless him.

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

I'm tired of the old shit. Let the new shit begin. My name is Elizabeth, my life is shit and piss.

Ethan Carota said...

Right on.