Wednesday, May 18, 2005

tabled this motion is...or is it?

Today is the day...

At 3 pm estimated time I will arrive at the Brandywine Town Center to wait for Nine hours and one minute before seeing Episode III at 12:01am. This is really embarassing Im sure for those of you know me, and for those of you who don't. Welcome aboard.
Then again, what did you expect me to do?

I'm feeling very anxious right now. I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm not looking foward to a nine hour stay at the regal eagal, how many times will i see the 20wenty in nine hours? Figure that out. There's also a lot of, I don't want to say fear, but something along those lines. I don't want to go into this movie with any preconceived notions, I need to think of this as just another movie and I am an objective view point going to see it and form opinions on my own. But, I think, that's impossible. I just don't want to walk away from the last one feeling even the least bit empty. I know, that's an unfair burden to place on a movie, but that's why I'm nervous I guess, because I can't help it.

Looking around my room at all the stuff I have amassed over the years, lunchboxes, action figures, yoda busts, it's hard to explain but it feels like saying goodbye to something you have been with for a really long time. Granted, I missed out on the youth star wars years, since I got into the series when I was already 13, and then really really really got into it when I was 18. It feels like more though, it feels like I went to high school with it or something. And this movie tonight, this is it, there ain't no coming back. I don't know, it's sad but at the same time very rewarding, I do not feel like I wasted a second of my time with this stuff. And for that I am grateful. Well it's almost 2pm, i gotta go pick up danno and then...yeah nine hours.

In closing, gentle reader, I'd like to thank you.
`What's that?' you say? Me thanking you?
No, it's not a misprint, for you see, I enjoyed writing this blog as much
as you enjoyed reading it.


The End.

Will there ever be a rainbow?

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

May all your christmas dreams come true.

Nathaniel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.