Thursday, May 26, 2005

Don't mess with a man with a Wayback Machine. I can make it so you were never born.

I didn't know my many fans were clamoring for my official episode III review.
Well t.s. I'm going to write it after I see with "the girl will scar you" or whatever you wish to call him.
That will be saturday night...yes saturday night. And in the words of arnold schwarzenegger in jingle all the way...

Ill write you that review...I PROMISE.

He said get and toy, but I adapted.

Anyway, I'd like to point everyone's attention to yet another in a long line of sadly cancelled shows. Although this one was cancelled for good reason since one of its principal cast members died. It still saddens me. Anyway, the show is NewsRadio, and I also realized that all of the shows I like seem to have a revolving door of the same writers and directors. For example, a writer for NewsRadio went on to work on Futurama, which shares many of the same writers and directors of the critic and the simpsons. Along with that, several writers and directors from Seinfeld also worked on NewsRadio. I have come to the conclusion that I need to create a collective ensemble for these people to create the greatest television show ever assembled. Think about it, take Simpsons, Futurama, NewsRadio, Seinfeld, and the Critic and toss it into a fabulous blender. The results would be television gold...pure unadulterated gold.

Anyway, NewsRadio is a really funny show. What I really like about it is that it's like a great screwball comedy in the form of one of the least funny mediums ever created, the sitcom. The writing isn't based on punchlines, or gags or any kind of cheap set up you can see a mile away. The cast creates this vibe that makes you feel like you're in on some big inside joke, it's a really weird feeling. You want to be a part of this show, at least I do, and not in a stay tuned kind of way, just in a my life is so empty because I sit around wishing they would bring back cancelled shows kind of way. Except of course for family guy, the show that deserved to be cancelled but can't stay that way for some reason. Anyway, it's a good show, rent the dvd if it should so arouse your interest.

That's it, I'll write the review this weekend.

Later.

Normally at a time like this I'd ask you for advice, and you'd say something that would make no sense at all, but somehow it would all fit together. Like, I would tell you, "Sir, I have a problem," and you'd say, "Well, what is it?" and I'd say, "Well, sir, Lisa wants to have a baby, but she doesn't want to get married," and you'd say "Dave, why milk the cow when you have a fridge full of steaks?" And I'd say, "Sir, that makes no sense," and you'd say, "Well, it sure made sense when that guy Chuck Connors said it in that movie Chinatown," and I'd say, "Sir, Chuck Connors wasn't in Chinatown," and you'd say, "Dave, if I wanted to have this conversation I'd have hired that guy Siskel Ebert to do your job," and I'd say, "Sir, Siskel and Ebert are two people," and you'd say, "Dave, just because the man is fat is no reason to make fun of him."

No comments: