Thursday, April 14, 2005

Rated PG-13 for sci-fi violence and some intense images.

In the words of Shang Tsung....

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith has officially received its rating as of Thursday April 14, 2005. PG-13. I actually read about this on sunday morning but I waited to write about it in fear that it would just turn out to be an internet rumor, and I would look like a huge ass. Anyway if you can't tell, I am estatic about this rating, not to say that a film's rating has ever pre determined its quality but what this tells me about ROTS is that it's going to be different. Now, I'm going to pose a thought, that does not mean I am making a statement, but I have been thinking about this for quite some time so these are not just exciting anti fanboy ramblings, actually they are but who cares. If ROTS is better than I want it to be, that means it has the potential to be the best of all the star wars films and perhaps the most important. Again these are all speculations, I am not trying to boast. But perhaps, this PG-13 symoblizes a united group effort to make THE star wars movie, again I use the word symbol because obviously the PG-13 doesn't mean anything in terms of qulaity. And don't get me wrong I am not in any way trying to put down any of the original films or the two prequels. I love them all, however I feel this film and the story that it is trying to tell warrants a much more intense vision. Intense of course being a relative term since this is after all a star wars film, I most certainly do not want to lose any of the Blam-Pow space adventure stuff. So I applaud the PG-13 and I feel it is a great step in the right direction. In other ROTS related stuff, I saw tickets have gone on sale at the AMC Neshimany 24 in PA. Now this is the first theatre to sell them that is relatively close to where I live. Get ready for this because this is truly how pathetic I am, I shivered at the thought of tickets existing for this movie. I can't even being to imagine what goes through my mind when I am physically holding the stubs for this film, I'll let you know when that happens. They go on sale for the great Brandywine Town Center Regal Cinemas 16 on April 20th, again I'll let you know.

I'm going to leave you with something that I really really hope is true. It's from this website DAVISDVD, and it's an early review of the ROTS soundtrack by john williams. It comes out May 3rd I believe.

"Not yet - ahem - officially released, John Willliams' score for the upcoming film is a dark and moody masterpiece. Militaristic and unusually creepy ("Palpatine's Teachings" and "Padme's Ruminations" send chills down your spine), the score already has a permanent place in my daily routine. Stand outs include the famous opening fanfare followed by an ass-kicking space battle, the impassioned "Battle of the Heroes" (dare I say better than "Duel of the Fates"), the percussion-driven "General Grievous" and the heartbreaking "The Birth of the Twins." The only drawback is the awkwardly constructed 13-minute "End Credits" which repeats the Throne Room music from Episode 4 far too many times. That aside, this is a must-buy when it's released on May 3rd. I'll definitely purchase this brilliant music (the bonus DVD doesn't hurt either)."

Better than Duel of the Fates?
Heartbreaking?
Creepy?
Dark?
Moody?

I'm speechless.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your enthusiasm is contagious, but it scares me too.

Nathaniel said...

You only wish that ROTS will be as good as Tout de Suit. You and I both know that no scene will compare with that car scene.

Ethan Carota said...

Jarrad,

There's nothing wrong with anything.

KounterKlockwise said...

Did you get the soundtrack yet or what? I just downloaded, er, I mean bought, yeah bought, it the other day. Your thoughts on it?
If you haven't "bought" it yet, you can find it on imewire-lay. ::wink, wink::

Nathaniel said...

Yeah well now we is going to see sisterhood of the traveling pants. so take that boy-o

Nathaniel said...

I can't believe the one month marker for the release of ROTS has come and gone and you haven't even mentioned it. nice blog.