Saturday, April 09, 2005

Horray For Blindey!

So yeah about that comment last night. I don't hate all couples, just couples that feel the need to lord over everyone with their "love" and how happy they are with their partner. Case in point, last night at the Josh Rouse concert (more on him later) these two dipshit douchebags standing in front of Nate were making out endlessly. And by endlessly, I definitely mean endlessly, I don't think they saw any of the show. They were too busy making out, making out with each other. This is both sickening and infuriating, sickening because...I don't really think I have to explain to you why that's sickening you can probably figure that out for yourself. Infuriating because these two shitboxes think its okay to commit these kinds of acts in public, because it ain't. These people are so arrogant as to think that whatever space they happen to occupy is their own and as for everybody else there, who cares? We're in love. What a stupid, selfish, and dangerous attitude to have. That is some fucked up repugnant shit.

Anyway, enough of this negative sh.....show of emotion. Josh Rouse and his rockicity was enough to over come the vomit enducing actions of the people in the crowd. Josh Rouse is fast becoming one of my favorite musicians, up there with the likes of pearl jam and the rest. One of the great things about him is that he's achieved what he has without the benefits of radio play or music videos (take that MTV and Clear Channel). And he doesn't feel the need to plaster his face everywhere to get attention, he just plays music. He also makes it look so easy and effortless which is usually a sign of some of the hardest working artists out there. Check him out if you have the chance, every one of his albums plays like a sequel to the previous one. A great progression that doesn't negate the previous, but makes it stronger. Except for his first, I suppose, that's just a great opening. Rock on Josh.

"Spent hours on a landline,
Hopin' you would find time for me
Showed up at your door, it was a scene
I was so sure,
You would be free
I should have caught a ride on a Brooklyn train
30 years old and nothing's changed"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We're in love. What a stupid, selfish, and dangerous attitude to have." that from a movie? which one?

KounterKlockwise said...

I want to read this Wesley Snipes script. My address is in it so I better get a copy of it!

Ethan Carota said...

Sorry Skinny J, thats an ethan original. At least I think it is.

KounterKlockwise said...

What are your thoughts on this?