Friday, April 08, 2005

Listen this is going to be one hell of a bowel movement, by the end of it he'll be lucky if he has any bones left.

If this blog is incoherent, I must apologize for it feels like 80 billion degrees in this room. I wish the weather would just decide what season it wishes to pursue and do that, last weekend it was freezing. Now, however, it is muggy, whatever happened to nice crisp spring days, perfect weather, don't we deserve a bit of that? I guess not, but just give us something comfortable, I'm sweating like a pig here.
I went to Toys R Us to see the star wars toys, of which there are plenty, the main chore is to sort out which ones I merely want and which will leave me with a insatiable void if I pass up the opportunity to own them. I feel weird about all this stuff in 2005, probably because its the last time it will ever happen so I am tempted to snatch up anything I can get my greedy little hands on. That's why I got Mom down in Avondale keepin an eye on any new developments in the star wars merchandising bonanza which is unfolding as we speak. But as I said, as silly as I am about all this stuff, I feel it is justified because this is the last one and these are the days on which I will look back and say, wow that was fun getting excited about all that crap. Is it wrong that I'm getting nostalgic about something that is in the process of happening, better yet, hasn't happened yet? Oh well, I'm excited, I want the toys, I want the soda, I need it for my life.
I watched the corporation last night, really interesting documentary. If anyone wants to borrow it, I would gladly pass it around, it really reminded me of this summer where you threw a stone and you hit some left oriented documenatry which was great to see not only because I agreed with most of them. But because a lot of people found alternatives to the mainstream media, which wishes to crush out all dissent, unfortunately it didn't move people enough to unseat the current jackasses in power but the overall effect is undeniable and that gives me hope. That reminds me, Michael Moore's words close out the corporation, and they are some of the most inspiring stuff I saw in a movie last year, one of the few times in a theatre where I really wanted to clap but I swore to uphold a sacred oath against that crap so I held back. So watch the corporation, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll shudder with fear, you'll slap your head with disgust, and probably punch the couch a couple of times and the person sitting next to you, you won't regret it.
A finally note, despite what you may have read, being emo is not something to be ashamed of. Did I miss something? When did Emo become the new scarlet letter? Emo stands for emotional, isn't any good music emotional, otherwise you get 3 Doors Down or Matchbox 20. Emo is just a term that idiot rock journalists and terrified music executives came up with to maintain their control over the trends of the music industry. They recognized something happening beyond their control and beyond their capabilities of understanding so they packaged it and slapped a big stupid label on it in order to keep things from getting out of hand, they've got units to move remember? If you're going to call something "emo" with a negative connotation at least specify what you didn't like about it, just say it was fake or not worth your time or it just bugged the hell out of you. Don't hate sentimentality because its sentimental, that's just stupid. Although here at NYU you'd think that was law of the land. Okay I knew this would spin out of control, nobody panic, I'm logging off now.


Just kidding....

Okay, now as of the end of this sentence.

The sentence that I am speaking...

....
....
PERIOD.

Frink, out.

Here's something for all the emo haters out there.

You'll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
Im here and now Im ready
Holding on tight
Dont give away the end
The one thing that stays mine...

5 comments:

Nathaniel said...

That's the truth ruth. But why aint you out in cali with all your star wars buddies lined up and waiting. They the true fans, you just posin'.

Nathaniel said...

Maybe I should do that shit. That would shut your yapper up real quick. I'll get my boy matty on the phone right now. Then we'll all chill with joshy, sammy and eddie. And your chumpass won't be invited.

Anonymous said...

you are almost a big a star wars junkie as i am
-Dean G.

Anonymous said...

do you have the darth vader voice changer? that thing looks cool. i would refuse to communicate any other way if i had that thing.

Anonymous said...

I love the emo. But, I mean, I also listened to 3 Doors Down. I don't know what that means.