Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Thank god for John Cusack...

Seriously this guy deserves a a full blooded ceremony in his honor where people sit around and talk about how great he is.
Not only is this man responsible for Lloyd Dobler, Martin Blank, Vince Larkin, Captain John Gaff, Nelson Rockefeller, Craig Schwartz, Rob Gordon, and the list goes on and on. He so good I will sit through the most arbitrary boring trash imaginable just hoping I'll get one of those john cusack moments that can brighten the dreariest of fucking days.

Anyway the reason for all this Cuasck love is not only does he make interesting, off the beaten course movies that do not reflect a desire to cash in at a moment's notice (well maybe some of them do, but he hasn't done anything as reprehensible as yours, mine, and ours) but he also wrote this piece for the huffington post, and it's about as dead on as you can be. Read it for yourself and let me know what you think, throughout the piece he makes several mentions of his heroes Hunter S. Thompson, Bill Moyers, and Dr. Martin Luther King and frequently thanks god for their ideas, presence, and words. Which is why I say in response, thank god for you john cusack.

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

9 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Yeah that's my boy Johnny Q.

KounterKlockwise said...

Ironically he is probably one of my least favorite actors on the planet. Right next to Kevin Costner. The only movie that Cusack was in that I liked was Thin Red Line. Otherwise I think you were spot on by referring to his films as "arbitrary boring trash."

Ethan Carota said...

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. He (Cusack) certainly hasn't done anything comparable to paul walker in running scared.

Nathaniel said...

And certainly nothing comparable to Ryan Reynolds in Waiting and Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place.

KounterKlockwise said...

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you...my only son."

Ethan Carota said...

Good thing john doesn't read this thing...

Anonymous said...

Superman SUX!!!!
Batman is much better ALL THE TIME! Batman could cure cancer... if he felt like it! Batman's too busy being smarter than Superman.
BATMAN 4 L1FE!!!!!!

Nathaniel said...

Good to see John finally joining in. Superman does blow. But Batsy aint perfect.

Ethan Carota said...

Batsy?