Thursday, February 08, 2007

Let us hope that we are preceded in this world by a love story.

I don't have too much to say tonight. Other than Sweet Land is a fine film.
I finally got around to seeing it and it was well worth it. It's amazing how Hollywood is incapable of capturing a romance that feels like it could actually happen. Sweet Land nails it, every sweet, tender, and aching moment of it. It's not about who can out wit each other like some kind of game, it's about a glance that shouldn't have happened but you're glad it did anyway.
I could go on forever about this sort of thing but if you want a sweet and refreshing romance, check out sweet land any way you can. I think it's gone from movie theatres so put this one on your netflix queue or go look for it at blockbuster.

That's all I got, I'll have more later.

I know in the past I've found it hard to say
Tellin' you things, but not tellin' straight
But the more I pull on your hand and say
The more you pull away

Dry your eyes mate
I know it's hard to take but her mind has been made up
There's plenty more fish in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
But you've got to walk away now.

5 comments:

Nathaniel said...

I don't agree with this assessment of "Sweet Land", to me, who hasn't seen it, it looks like snoozers. Now if you want true romance, suspense and even a little action-adventure the movie you want to see is "A Slow Dissolve". It's everywhere you want to be.

Also, I think "Sweet Land" comes across as gay.

nhp bob said...

Sorry Nathaniel...you're clueless.
"Sweet Land" is a future classic, and yes...it's quiet and gentle. You've never had a love like that?

Nathaniel said...

Oh, a sarcasm detector, that's a real useful invention.

Anonymous said...

I agree with "nathaniel". "A Slow Dissolve" is the perfect movie for anyone who is a mammal. Also, I hear that the role of Andy, though small, showcases a stunning performance. I think it was some important critic who characterized it thusly: "It is as if some sort of eternal being of incomprehensible power and talent came down to earth for but a brief moment to give us mere mortals a glimpse of something which we will never attain ourselves." Also, I heard Ebert loved the film so much that after giving it a thumbs up, he cut off his own thumbs and threw them at the screen declaring, "I'll never need these again. Such mastery shall never be matched."

That's just what I heard.

Now, what did I come here for anyway..... Oh yeah, I want your Wii code. Email it to me. I don't have your email. Nate has my email in case you don't have it.

Nathaniel said...

I've also heard that it's better than ten renaissances combined.