Saturday, September 24, 2005

I missed the goddamn tugboats

So I went looking for the floating island exhibit, floating all around the island of manhattan. Apparently this guy thought it would be quite quirking if he installed dirt, grass and trees onto a barge and lugged it up, down, crossways, and sideways in the waters of the east river. The point being I went to see it today at the East River Park, which according to the artists' website is located at the East River and E. Houston Street. Easy enough to find right? Well let's just say if this were an Indiana Jones movie and they cut to one of those shots with a map and a thick black line indicating my journey from point A to point B, it probably would have looked like it was written with a spirograph. I went in the most convoluted, roundabout, exactly the wrong way to go to get there and on top of all that I missed the fucking thing. So I'm going tomorrow to Carl Shurz park where somebody shot a frankly lame boy and girl piece there last year to try this again tomorrow about 11:15 ish I think in the AM, if there are any takers well, it's not exactly mai-thais and yahtzee but LET'S DO IT!!!! But the fact remains that I still know nothing about New York City. I could have walked down to water street from where I ended up and not even noticed it. Quite lame

At least it was a nice day today...

Something that has come to my attention however, I know some people who've lost some people recently. And I thought of this quote as all I could think to add. From an oft quoted band on this blog: Eels, the song P.S. You Rock My World. Which has no relation whatsoever to the award winning short of the same name, I can assure the director was not aware that the Eels' P.S. and his P.S. stood for the same thing. That's all, anyway here's the line for those we have lost.

"...and i was thinking 'bout how everyone is dying and maybe it is time to live."

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

True that. Here is Ben to back that one up...

"And I knew that you were a truth I would rather lose
Than to have never lain beside at all"