Monday, October 09, 2006

Into the blue again...

I know, I know, I didn't even come close to reaching my goals for this blog once I moved out to L.A. I know there have been no updates whatsoever except for a link to a video on you tube, one of the most unoriginal things I could have done. No pictures, no funny stories, not even an anecdote about my endlessly amusing escapades in the city of angels.

I'm sorry.

...suckers...

Anyway, I will be updating this more frequently. And I say that as casually as I can so that when the time comes that I need to defend it, I will just say I never committed to it that much by using a lot of showy language and clever catch phrases. I can just say I said it, that's it.

But seriously, I will but right now its just a little bit after 12:30 and I just got back from the Album Leaf show at the troubadour. My first concert in Los Angeles by the way, actually my second, but the first that I planned to see and excecuted thusly.

A great show, I might add. They know how to play their shit and their new album is really good by the way. Their music always seems to transcend whatever time of day or season or mood in which I find myself and lift me up just a little bit. I hope it does that to other people too. The guys who make this music are believers and we need more of them out there today. Watching them play live is like watching a symphony conducter calmly coordinate all these sections into one sprawling whole, it is quite a sight.

It was weird being at this show, I should add. The crowd was fine, and the band was great, nothing with wrong in that department. It's weird how you get used to something as casual as going to a concert with your brother and then how much you miss him when he's not there. It's just not the same without you, Nate I guess is what I mean. Oh well, we'll always have human contact.

One other thing, does anybody know who I should call to get customer support from Apple regarding my Itunes account. It's doing this weird thing where I can't play any music I bought from my old account because I deactivated it before transferring all my stuff to my new computer. I'm confused too, don't worry. But I can't listen to a lot of my stuff because of it, so any suggestions, I'm open to them.

I'm really tired, I'm going to go to sleep.

Goodnight.

"so you spend the next week playing weakened,
rolling three men alone in the dark of your kitchen.
your apartment can't talk so it's safe for your secrets,
all the stories you've invested with a massochist, menacing meaning,
those tired tricks that you play to graph the life to your name
and you know it's not yours but for now it's okay."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.

(I have no idea on the itunes thing)

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot, I'll make it up to you right now. I'll send you a free G-Unit coming in the air today, special delivery. All you gotta do is play some Freeway for him and he'll be your best friend.